COME

"Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD...He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." Micah 4:2

Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Our first visit together...

 Hi! Thank you for clicking on my blog...

I cannot tell you how much it means to me to hang out with friends & how I often I long to be introduced ot others, in hopes of developing new friendships.
It's so good to have you stop by
!
I've been nick-named "Debi" by using my childhood initials - with an added i for 'internet'.
I began this blog in 2014, but in reviewing this page, I'm quite surprised that my surroundings have changed, but my favorite things remain strongly the same in describing my life. My surroundings now are more tropical with palm trees waving over a refreshing pool and a leisure lanai for visiting friends. 

I love the sweet fellowship gained by new friends & wish we could pass the afternoon with this pop-in today to become betteracquainted. To help you know me more, I'd invite you in for a cup of hot tea 
in one of my many teacups and we could sit on my patio.  I'd probably offer you some English shortbread or Malaysian "digestive biscuits". 
We would have so much to talk about and I would probably ask too many questions! I'd love to hear your stories & interests, especially, your relationship with God's Son, Jesus Christ, and the places He has led you on your life's trek through spiritual valleys & mountains.  

As we visited, I share my travels to visit my daughter's families in Indonesia, Malaysia, and busy NYC. My children invite us to visit their homes in the most beautiful, interesting, and exciting places. We've fallen in love to the warm climate of tropical islands with vast turquoise waters outlined by foamy waves on ocean beaches. We also love to share our visits we've made to stare high on the sky reaching aged with history architecture, and bustling streets with throngs of people rushing to & from their destinies. 
Our favorite memories we share with friends are the many times we just hang out with 7 wonderful grandchildren at their various activities, or our family times around the meal tables full of laughter. 

I probably would have one of my journals nearby & you'd see all the doodled edges on the various pages, visualizing my thoughts & understanding of what I've learned. They're my simple art attempts expanding my memory, which also extend into card making, and my collected photo memories in treasured scrapbooks 


I'd show you all my paper crafting tools and how much fun it has been to make simple Christmas tags and seasonal greeting cards. I'd show you samples of the bundles I made with friends as gifts to leave behind when we ventured into visitation and spend many sweet hours with precious shut-ins, filling many their lonely hours with a visit.  

Then, we'd probably wander into my hobby room where I would share my love for self-taught sewing, quilting, embroidery and cross stitching.
You would see all the bins, organized by project, lining the closet shelves & floor and know I had more hopes than a life-time to create beautiful things.
Most likely, you'd tell me t
here's no more need for me to shop for fabrics, patterns or notions!

In our conversation, I know I would mention that becoming a follower of Jesus Christ was the most important decision I made in my life., I'm most thankful for His sacrificial death as my Savior, nailing my account to His cross. I've made Him the Lord of all my decisions, and humbly bow my knee to worship Him in all I do. As we visit, I think you'd shortly realize that I love to proclaim His Grace and share His friendship often. My deep desire is for each of my loved ones to be reconciled to God through Christ & that we all would together be learning to be His followers. You'd hear how each day is an adventure because I know I walk in my King's covenant Presence. You'd probably notice my eyes often gaze toward the clouds, wondering when He will call His friends to join Him in his kingdom.

We would enjoy the season together, both the climate & stage of our lives.... 
If it's Spring, I'd excitedly point to new life in my Iris flower garden, while in summer, we could enjoy my shaded patio, surrounded by a rainbow of potted flowers. 
In Fall, we'd kick at a yardful of falling leaves, while gazing over the variety of color in a garden of mums. You'd probably guess my favorite season because the warm autumn shades of garnet red, and splashes of golden brown creep into every room of my home. 
        
So, please enjoy my journaling posts. 
I believe I'm on the most adventuous trek a life can choose. it is heavenward with the promised Holy Spirit as my Guide and the Scriptures as our manual.
I've enjoyed introducing myself and would love for you to use the comments to share your thoughts, activities, & studies with me.
I sincerely hope my post encourage your journey with the Lord and as you fix your eyes on Jesus, although we dimly see, His face becomes more and more reflected for others to see His grace. 

No comments: