COME

"Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD...He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." Micah 4:2

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

For those tears...

Dear Beautiful One...
I see your wounds.
I see your cuts and scars.
I see how this world of sin has treated you
And how sickness mars
         Your very spirit
It thinks it has victory over you
By disease taking your created beauty;
Using infection to pierce and
Leave you so black and blue
        Your very body
May seem broken and crumbled,
A heavy weight for My life within.
Your blood spills on tables
Like my Son's did for sin.
        Your very heart
Yes, I see their hate of Me bruising your heart,
And shattering your feeble frame;
But in My mission, you take your part
Because, my beautiful one, you bear My Name.
                                   for my courageous older sister
                                                           written by Debi Weaver on April 6, 2013

"And Jesus says, "Come to the waters, Stand by my side.
I know you are thirsty; You won't be denied. 
I've felt every tear drop when in darkness you've cried
And I've strove to remind you...that for those tears I died."

In honor of a very sick sister, these words spilled from my heart as I prayed for her to know God's love today. So many of our loved ones are forced into tough circumstances, endure loneliness, horrible pain, and even stumbling in weakness. Yet, they continue to shine their flickering lights for God's glory.

No comments: